Since we’ve been in Thailand we have both fallen in love with the local food! Thai food has always been my favourite Asian cuisine but it tastes even better when you are in their backyard…literally!
Pad Thai is a quick, delicious and simple dish that is just amazing when cooked with fresh and organic ingredients.
We joined a Thai cooking school this week to learn from the experts. Asia Scenic is a farm house out in the lush countryside of Chiang Mai, Thailand. We picked all the herbs and seasoning ourselves from their garden and prepared all the food there and then.
It’s an impressive meal ready in minutes that has a good ratio of protein, carbs and healthy fats. To learn more about macronutrients click here.
Check out the recipe below. I knocked it up within 15 minutes from start to finish. I personally thought it was the best Pad Thai I have tasted in Thailand so far…but maybe I’m a bit biased.
2 tbsp Cooking Oil (Use Coconut Oil or Palm Oil)
1 tsp of Brown Sugar
2 tsp Fish Sauce (or Soy Sauce for vegetarians)
3 tsp Oyster Sauce (or Mushroom Sauce for vegetarians)
2-3 pieces Garlic (chopped)
1 piece Tofu (cut into small bites-sized sticks)
1 stalk Chives (cut into 1 inch lengths)
100g Bean Sprouts
50g Chicken (chopped)
200g Rice Noodles
1. Fry the garlic in hot oil over a low heat until fragrant.
2. Add Chicken and Tofu. Cook for about 1 minute. Keep stirring!
3. Crack in an egg. Watch those shells.
4. Throw in all the seasoning.
5. Turn the heat up and mix, mix, mix!
6. Slide in the noodles and immediately add a little bit of water.
7. Get the bean sprouts and chives in the mix. Cook only for a few seconds. This is stir frying baby!
8. Finished! You can serve it up with grounded peanuts, chilli powder and lime.
Let us know how your tastebuds found it in the comments box below.